Sunday, March 25, 2007

Ive been to earth I’m going to take us there in 2008



Hardcore Spoilers Peeps!

Wow! We finally know who the final five (or is it four) are. I can’t say I was surprised but that doesn't change the fact that I was shocked when the reveal came. I predicted Starbuck would be back and I’m glad Apollo (Lee) was the one to see her in her viper. I'm not sure if Starbuck is part of the final five or what the hell was up with her coming back for the last 5 seconds of the show? I seriously just finished watching the show and I am still having a hard time wrapping my head around it. The moment the four people on the ship started hearing the music all I could think was “Hes a totally a cylon, OMG she's a cylon” that is kind of how the rest of the episode went for me. The best part about the final five I think is the fact that Colonel Tigh is in fact a cylon! I love that because he basically is everything that he detested so much. I don’t know how I will be able to go until 08' without new episodes. I really hope SciFi releases webisodes like they have done in the past. I really need more time to gain some perspective on the cylon issue so I will let it marinade in my head for a while. Onto the next plot line.


Baltar not being guilty was another conclusion that seemed rather obvious from the get go. I really didn’t think they would throw him out of the airlock because he is one of the strongest characters BSG has. Lee Adama's speech was basically what set Baltar free. His speech was so extremely powerful that my mouth was open the whole time, I actually think I swallowed a fly (jk). He had some serious big balls for going against his father and basically his people. I do think he was right to point out the hypocrisy in the prosecutions case. My favorite part of the speech was when he said “we are a system built on shame, its easier to dump it out on one man so we can live with ourselves”. Bravo Lee Adama, Bravo! It also didn’t hurt that Lil’ Adama looked like a total babe in his lawyer garb which made the courtroom scene that much better. I do wonder however what Baltars fate will be now that he is homeless and the most hated man alive. Will he be on the run with those Baltar groupies?



On another note. On a show where civilization is on the brink of extinction and space ships and evolved robots are center stage the most unrealistic part of Battlestar is the fact that The hotness that is President Roslin has crater face Adama fever! Ew! OK that was really mean but the only rationale I have for that is there cant be too many suitable bachelors for her considering that the human race is THIS close to being extinct. Alright that whole rant was totally beside the point and not important but its late and I’m trying hard to get all my thoughts together so I’m sure I will post a follow up to this entry because I need some clarity.

No comments: