Friday, July 13, 2007

Podcasts

Entertainment wise there is nothing I love more than TV. A close runner up to winning my heart are Podcasts. I used to commute ALOT, I did something like 40,000 miles in a year and a half. As much as I love listening to music, I wanted something that I could listen to on the road without worrying about static, keep me awake, and entertain me (much like TV) for hours on end. After much trial and error I found some podcasts that fit that very description. There are literally hundreds of podcasts on ITUNES but the ones I listen to the most are as follows:


GEEKS ON


It only took about five minutes to fall in love with the guys from GeeksOn. Their enthusiasm for all things geeky is endearing and infectious. They basically discuss TV, video games,movies,comics,rpg,internet,board games.... Even if the topic of the week was not something that I was particularly interested in, I would find myself listening and enjoying every minute of it. They are all really intelligent and aren't afraid of a good debate.


This American Life


I have to admit that I only started listening to this podcast out of curiosity; it was always number one on the Itunes podcast and I had to check out what the fuss was about. I sat here literally trying to figure out a way to describe American Life in a short and sweet sentence. I couldn't, I guess I'm not the only one with that problem though. This is from their website-One of our problems from the start has been that when we try to describe This American Life in a sentence or two, it just sounds awful. For instance: each week we choose a theme and put together different kinds of stories on that theme. That doesn't sound like something we'd want to listen to on the radio, and it's our show. If you haven't listened to the show, take a leap of faith. I guarantee the show will tap into every single emotion you have.

TV GUIDE PODCAST

I think the title of the podcast is pretty self explanatory. This is the perfect podcast for any TV addict. The sad thing is, I haven't listened to it since Dan left. His wit and cynicism was the best part of the podcast, listening to these guys was like reading a really snarky and funny blog. I don't know if they have that anymore. I think I have to give them another shot.


The Office Alliance Podcast


I have listened to many fan run podcasts (Smallville,Veronica Mars, Lost) but to tell you the truth I couldn't stand any of them. I really think that either you have the personality to be on the radio or you don't, it doesn't mean you have to be wacky or funny, just interesting to listen to. This is the first fan podcast that I can stand. These fangirls really know their stuff and dissect every aspect of the show until there is nothing to pick at but bones. Yeah, my kind of fangirls.

No comments: