Monday, July 9, 2007

Kristen Bell On The Big Screen In FANBOYS



Cult favorite Kristen Bell wont let her TV show cancellation get her down...thank God. She is making a leap to the big screen as one of the leads in a new movie called FANBOYS. I'm actually excited about this. I'm not sure what her role is but I'm assuming she is playing a "fangirl". Rarely do we get to see females in the roles of fangirls (unless it's about cute boys) because generally speaking I think It's men who get submersed in the geek culture. I'm not sure why that is but the girl/boy geek ratio is really off. I really hope I'm not wrong because if she is playing the annoyed girlfriend I will be disappointed. Kristen Bell has done a great job of picking strong female characters (Veronica Mars), so here is to hoping she portrays us [geek girls] accurately. It also stars Jay Baruchel who I thought was really funny in UNDECLARED.


Plot Summary: In this riotous new road movie from producer Kevin Spacey, a group of friends who are avid Star Wars fans travel west to see the Holly Grail of all sci-fi movies, "Star Wars: Episode I." The year is 1999 and for these death star dorks, the Star Wars films are more than just movies; they are a way of life. So, after one of the group takes sick it is nothing short of a moral imperative that the friends break into George Lucas’ Skywalker Ranch to watch the seminal sci-fi picture together before its release. Enlisting the help of an estranged friend, who has traded in his Darth Vader mask for a proper day job, the adventure lays way to some extremely funny situations, including an outrageous brawl with some hard-core Trekkies.


SOURCE

No comments: