Sunday, July 8, 2007

It's Countdown Time: Comic-Con Edition


Oh my God, you guys! Only 16 more days until my favorite time of the year- San Diego Comic-Con! I'm so excited that I'm not sure what to do with myself. I not only have the privilege of living in one of the most beautiful cities in the United States but also in the city that hosts the largest comic convention. Last year, I got to see some amazing panels (Lost, Battlestar Galactica, Family Guy, Kevin Smith, Snakes on a plane, Grind House, Superman through the ages, etc) but I also waited for and missed one of the biggest panels of the year(Spiderman)(it was my fault, a little something called starvation). For those of you who have never been to Comic-Con don't let the name fool you. Although it's roots still lie in comics (originally the convention primary focused on comic books)over the years it has expanded to feature many aspects of pop culture. There is literally something for anyone who is a dedicated fan of sci-fi, television, movies, horror, anime, fantasy, video games, toys, etc. Last year was also the first year the convention sold out(Saturday) which makes me really nervous. People have taken notice that this event isn't only for "geeks" although I would really like to keep it that way. The convention center is HUGE, I'm not sure what the capacity is but I'm sure it's an insane amount. Geeks have an advantage over non geeks though; we are pros at standing in line. See, we get really excited about things and genuinely love whatever we are fans of with real passion, standing in line for hours is something that we have mastered and expect. I was talking to my boyfriend today and I mentioned that on Thursday night [at the con] they are going to premiere Superman Doomsday
and the first thing out of his mouth was "I don't care what happens I'm camping out in that room ALL day". Good thing I was planning on it anyway because the LOST panel is in that same room earlier in the day.
For a sneak peek of the programming click HERE
*remember it's always changing and nothing is final

No comments: